FCVS Curriculum Intent
Our curriculum is designed to be skills based and knowledge rich, providing a variety of engaging learning opportunities to meet the needs of all individuals. Pupils will benefit from a range of first hand learning experiences, both indoors and out. Our local community and environment play an important role in our curriculum.
As a result, pupils will be creative, critical thinkers who demonstrate a positive attitude towards their learning. Showing independence and resilience, they will become caring and effective communicators, collaborators and leaders who are able to interact successfully and respectfully with everyone.
· Committed and invested practitioners with excellent subject knowledge
· Supported and well organised learning environment
· High quality visit each term
· An expert visitor each term
· Relevant and real purpose for learning
· Practical opportunities
· Learning outside the classroom once a week
· Quality opportunities to learn across the curriculum
· Constructive and timely feedback
· Termly TASC wheel
· Weekly circle time
· Element of choice
· Regular access to nrich mathematics activities